Friday, June 24, 2011

EXOTIC TOMATOES (Those not normally grown in the Delta)

All of the exotic tomato plants have now produced a ripe tomato except for Mariana's Peace and Hillbilly. Today I harvested these seven and I am very pleased with them. I really would like to have a taste comparison to see which ones are the most desirable. My wife and I will attempt to rate them for taste and I will report the results. Later on I plan to have a tasting party with some taste experts to get a more professional opinion. Anyway, here they are------

Bottom to top:
1.Brandy Boy largest so far weighing over 1lb.
2.Black Krim
3.Brandywine (Suddth's strain)
4.Indian Stripe
5.Pruden's Purple
6,Cherokee Purple
7.Kellog's Breakfast

That is a quarter to the right of Brandwine to give a size reference.




Brandy Boy

The beer can is a size reference most of my
friends can relate to and was used only as a
prop.

Cherokee purple and Kellogs Breakfast






1 comment:

  1. I will taste test every variety. Coming home next Thursday! Have them ready.

    ReplyDelete