Friday, July 8, 2011

July 8th - Bountiful Harvest

After 3 1/2 long months, my vines have outgrown the 11 foot frame.

When I first started this blog at my daughter's suggestion I realized I was putting a lot of pressure on myself for this year's crop to produce. My wife, after reading several early blogs asked, "What are you going to do if you have a crop failure?" As a result of this question I have worked extremely hard as to not be embaressed by all the sage advice I have been giving others about growing tomatoes.

Thank goodness my crop is about the best one I have ever had.

July 8 Harvest

In honor of William Webster Playford's first birthday today, his mother and I harvested a fine basket of delta tomatoes.

Prudence Purple on the vine


Brandyboy




Most prolific Dona
Dona

Green Porterhouse at the six foot level

2 comments:

  1. Great blog and pictures! Very informative! How are your vines doing now that it is fall and winter is coming? Did you daughter suggest you start blogging for fun? If that is the case you shouldn't worry at all about how your crops come out as long as you enjoy planting and gardening them. Although I'm sure you enjoy eating them just as much! Great read, thanks!

    Did you know KaBloom flowers last up to 5 days longer than your average florist? Visit flower delivery Dallas TX now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog, very interested how to plant your own tomatoes
    i have planted some tomatoes in a pots
    but i'm not sure is that heirloom or hybrid. There are large red cherry, amana orange, hillbilly, black prince and some bush cherry.

    how to know it is heirloom or hybrid?

    ReplyDelete